Sunday 19 April 2015

19 th April 2015 Sunday

So like this drawing, done from an eagle dream. 
Its become clear that in the dream the old order, heroic and ruling and successful, is bound and tied and impotent except by permission, granted because of its splendor. The new beautiful eagle arrives... too young but alive, in place.

Began a bust of Simon at Ediths, building up the clay from the inside, little lump by lump. After two hours it was nearly finished. I worked fantatsically fast as the clay demanded it - and it was drying quickly - at the end I was shaking. Not an easy operation but very much one I was called to.

Painting pretty un accomplished though it continues well. Im working just after dawn till about 9.30 or whenever Im disturbed. Can hardly tell my guest that I wont have breakfast with him. Also getting in a little hour or so before dinner so really not bad, its the lack of continuum thats disturbing. But its not that disturbing, I carry the picture in my head when Im not there and see what to do next. So no excuses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment