Sunday 15 November 2015

16.11.2015 Monday

Opening was on Thursday and went astonishingly well - good turn out .

One fear was that the  large space would have a few folk wandering about and look daft. In the event Toms band, Bull, made a huge difference; people arrived and stayed and there was a strong sense of party. Helen staffed the bar - drinking was fairly slight, I thought - Daisy did the sales. Both good ruses.
Learnt a lot.

Put all the work out at a flat rate - £50 - and people were encouraged by Daisy to put up a red spot when they bought something and to take it with them when they left, when she would wrap it.
It was a bun fight!

Since then, however, I've been staffing the place and its been dreadfully dull. A handful of friends are due to come next week but this week I've had nothing but an oasis of calm...one nice couple with their dog yesterday who bought a catalogue.

Accordingly I've had a chance to look at the work and by and large I think its good. This is a definite improvement in my self-image:)

Can't wait to get back to the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment