Saturday 19 October 2019

19 10 2019

Email to say the WF show wont happen;

Hi Nil., this may not come as a surprise, but the final WF project 2019 has fallen through, sadly, essentially through bureaucratic mismanagement/misunderstanding. I went there with Julie today to work out placement of work etc. and was told that the ‘we’ as in ‘we are booked’ email referred not to myself and WF, but WF and 1Hoe St.

Another artist there told us how she had been messed around, and had to move work because of a double booking.
We can’t deal with that degree of uncertainty. I am as Julie suggested going to draw a line now under this, she said this sort if thing happens all the time.

I did warn him! It has happened to me many times with councils. But I am disappointed. Would have been a good use of the sealed notebooks and easily done as they are already in London. It had felt like a bit of validation from the olden days, instead of which I know feel like a forgotten fossil. Would have felt like that anyway as the work would have been ignored as ever; especially with councils! Still at least I don't have the fag of dealing with it. LaLa.

No comments:

Post a Comment