Wednesday 17 August 2022

17 08 2022

 Having been rather haunted by an idea of my mothers mother - we did not like each other - as a fortune teller, I started quick ink drawings from tea leaves. Apparently Grandma would lead the women into the kitchen to read their teacups, a practice against catholic teaching and so conducted in great secrecy. Her sister told me about this, long after her death, and I got a sense of her as a person rather than the judgemental religious dingbat I disliked.

Yesterday again cool enough to work, I took the tea leaf drawings and worked into them...


There are others and one I really like but it is obscene  - no doubt a response to the grandma :)

Kick started the Steered Deer pic that has been knocking about too. Many Odds and sods being dealt with.




No comments:

Post a Comment