Saturday 23 September 2023

23 09 2023

 Photographed the mystery portrait and ready to send to commissioners; not sure it is a decent likeness but it's a decent painting. 

BUT a nice thing - a really nice thing, for a change - when I happened to be pottering in the studio yesterday morning. As the sun rose it touched the Walking Gods pic and totally changed it. Took my breath away. It was what I was aiming for but hadn't known. 

The wonderful iridescent paints I use have a life of their own. 

Did some hasty turpsy brush notes on top - probably ruined the surface - so I'd remember what's to be done, since yesterday and (so far) most of today is domestix. 

Extraordinary that a shaft of light can be a validation. Was on the brink of giving up as the thing had a smug sententiousness that was hateful and though that won't completely go it will get carried in other ways. 



No comments:

Post a Comment