Friday 13 April 2012

Fri 13th April

Ten days since last blog; have managed a bit of painting, some drawing, mostly housekeeping. Its OK, I can skim over this provided I get the odd hour or two. Haven't resolved the framing issue and have let 4 little pix out to hang in the local bar; shocked at myself.
If I could just SELL a picture sometimes it might feel less futile. Doubt that the local bar is the place to do it but was pleased at the thought of setting the images free.
Began when Luke the owner asked me if anyone had rung to talk about the painting he has there, the Sunset Thief - they hadn't. But hes giving out my number and people are interested. He said that small ones are easier because they will go to the tourists, and hes right in principle. If tourists want paintings of mythic anomalies remains to be seen:) An honourable and traditional pursuit , hanging paintings in your local bar, getting money for them. Here are the four I have handed over
Not holding my breath though.

My mother died a week ago and instead of flying back to England for her funeral I have booked an hotel room in Collioure. Plan to spend a couple of days drawing and clearing my head. Death and the seaside - she would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment