Wednesday 24 October 2012

Oct 24th Weds 2012

Unusually good day... started early, dark, and began by correcting yesterdays Ripley scroll drawing - seems to be how I start each day now. Then to tweek yesterdays Melancholia, very loosely based on Durers pic of the same name which I must look up in Cornelius Aggrippa's work - it seems he identified 3 kinds of melancholy of which the first is useful, this being Durers theme. Nearly there but the deaths head is too not-good and its got to dry a bit before I can hit it again. (Unfortunately it looks like my mother which given her 6-month-ago death is,hmm, creepy.)
Able to structure a newly begun nude and on the strength of that to begin another - thence to a little cheery mythic anomaly head  before Kat arrived to measure up for some decorating work. In the meantime the 4 lunch guests either canceled or fell by the wayside, so I could carry on - after coffee and breakfast in the cafe du pont.

My neighbours have dropped off a basket of Lactarius Deterrimus mushrooms (or similar, not sure; have to blanche them before frying so they might be something else) Anyway before I clean and cook them they will be todays note-book drawing.

And I have the afternoon and evening clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment