Tuesday 21 May 2013

21st May tuesday 2013

Writing the date always gets to me - not just that the months are sliding down the year but the year itself; can it be true? 2013??? Impossible, thats science fiction.
But I digress.
No drawing yesterday, it was a feastday in France so the mayor thinks the hall should be closed.
The picture Ive been working on for an age suddenly developed its identity. Happy day! Today, it has got smeared and lost. :(

Its in there somewhere. Too chalky. Kat gave me a new palette so can physically brighten it. Needs to dry really and Im loath to stop fiddling.

Its the picture I started of Thetis taking the armour to Achilles, copied from a very bad photo of a print from 1890's.Whats that all about then...  lovely structure, if self-conciously so, subject fairly pointless and rapidly turning into La Bricollette which was at least amusing. In a fit of insight I scrubbed Thetis and whilst wrestling with the notions of subject/topic/audience made a face in the clouds and the see - the watched, the Jove, the unknown observer. Delighted me, for a while. Now, as Ive said, chalky, overworked, not good.

Back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment