Wednesday 12 March 2014

march 12 weds 2014

.. the weeping woman is unassailably kitch. I knew this would be difficult but it must be avoidable somehow.
So far Ive collaged the face by cutting them from magazines and mixing them, so theres a face based in real women though come to think of it, they are all fashion models so already processed. That could be the error but I didnt want ONE woman nor to have to make her up. Seemed a solution.
Used a lot of of damar and stand oil so its surface-slick. Possibly also wrong.
Then in a fit of insight about the state of art-in-me put in the background as a copy of La Giaconda which was fun. No doubt in my mind but that Leonardo scrumbled and made the landscape out of those marks, like Max Ernsts fabulous landscapes. Done too bright as I intend to glaze it down.
So, all-in-all, how can it not be kitch? Perhaps I should leave it as it is and go to another canvas to re-work the idea.
Going back to the Corot today so out of the studio, will think ont.

No comments:

Post a Comment