Tuesday 27 May 2014

may 27th 2014 Tuesday

On Kitaj, met on June 11th 1963 by Francis Partridge - ; really angered me and made me distrust anything the woman said about anyone.
   '... his closely furred face, so reminiscent of Van Gogh, crunched up with badger-like rebarbativeness and aggression. He is not a all a stupid man, however, and interesting though not entirely likeable.'
                    p.171. Frances Partridge, Hanging on: Diaries 1960 - 1963. Phoenix, London. 1998

So when one of the men in my painting became identifiable as Kitaj, I left him there. The other unknown, so far. After much shilly-shallying have painted in a trampoline and a view of Ljubljana. Don't know if either will remain. Don't know, don't know, anything... tomorrow off to go to Perpignon to seek art  with Margaret.

Yesterdays drawing so very piss poor that I'm going to have to consider if it's worth my while continuing this practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment