Saturday 29 November 2014

29/11/2014 sat

Dozy and half-witted; a sign that the art-brain is returning, perhaps. Or a cold is on the way. The rain is not bad (other parts of France are flooded horribly) This is comforting rain that makes it difficult to go anywhere and means that a day spent reading in the study is a guilt-free option.

              Or continuing to clean the studio out - no, not that -

My stone, the captivating stone, is making demands and I think this morning will be passed in Ediths studio, taking prints off it. 

And perhaps I will prepare some plates for etching. Been meaning to draw direct to the plate from life and might as well though theres a certain amount of arrogance involved in thinking that I can do an image without correction that is worthy of reproduction. On the plus side I have no acid and no idea where to get it, so the plates need never be used. Sabotage is my middle name :)

Animals and their role in our human lives beging to concern me and I note that they've been lurking in my paintings for a while. Maybe time to develop that; hey, etchings of rabbits!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment