Friday 1 May 2015

May 1st Sat 2015

Finished, though the weird eyebrow may drive me mad enough to change it - but he did that eyebrow thing, like our father did. It was part of the vocabulary.
Pleased with the text which is Catullus, number C1 -
quandoquidem fortuna mihi tete abstulit ipsum,
heu miser indigne frater adempte mihi. 

-because Fortune has robbed me of yourself, alas
Poor brother, unfairly taken from me.

He died on June 1st, his anniversary a month away.

Enough! I wept a lot through the painting of it which I suppose is cathartic but don't feel any better about the death. However, done it.
The rest of today spent hanging the expo for the 'Off'. Put out a facebook invitation to all and sundry, now fear that it clashes with the Florilege which is very unfortunate - looks like a challence which it surely aint.

No comments:

Post a Comment