Monday 22 June 2015

22 June, Monday. 2015

Beside myself with excitement. Woke up knowing what to do with the Deptford show. Phew.


Obvious really. I've got all my notebooks stored in the archive room and for a while have been wondering about creating an installation around them. Now I'm doing a show about drawing... perfect.

Some will be readable but most will be sealed in some way, simply because I think thats more interesting. The contents are historic and not gripping; little drawings, studies for pix, shopping lists, phone numbers - I carry then everywhere so they cop the stuff of life. Private and not worth examining, though some I will make available to make this point.

First thing this morning I sewed a bag and put 4 notebooks into it, misread some words sticking out at the back as 'I am that I am' which is the title of that one then :)
Its very nice.

Have been decanting bags of drawings at random into plastic files; there can be a shelf of them, boring but meretricious (probably)
Tiring and melancholic work which is why Ive stopped to write this.

The gallery has some plinths that will take a pile or two.

I plan to drill through lots of the books, impale them on a spike and padlock them. Also to sew some into shrouds. And so  on.

It will be a decent show after all, now able to do the catalogue in this context, yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment