Saturday 9 September 2017

09 09 2017 Sat

One of those dreams... went to clear my stuff out after doing a large painting on a church wall. Hard to see for the baptismal font (new style) and general church clutter in the way, pews, screen. Wondered why I'd sited it so badly. Then I saw it; had forgotten it and was amazed. It showed the back of a mans head wearing a renaissance cap, dark blue velvet, his long black hair showing under it, with his hand in front of him. He was conducting the fair man who faces the viewer, who is singing. So beautifully painted it seemed to move, full of movement, without being photo realistic. Metallic and luster paint, lots of copper tones.
A photographer came in from the local paper to take the snap. I was so proud of this picture. I said, I'm the artist. He said that I should stand there and be included, like they do. And I understood that he hadn't even looked at the picture. That no-one had seen it or was going to. The best thing I'd done in my life. No-one would see it.

Hey ho.

Sold 4 of the old food pix yesterday, I have many left but they are the ones that haven't sold over many years so not the most appealing then. The money isn't enough to pay my femme de manage's bill.

Hey ho.

But life is good. Dabbling in studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment