Wednesday 11 April 2018

11 04 2018 Weds

Mondays drawings were unspeakably bad - really - which was my unfocused fault. I'd been thinking vaguely that I was too slapdash and should return to a technically based root for a period. Then a new boy turned up at the group and he'd been to one of my old collages, Farnham, so we got talking. Hes been studying lately in some traditional life drawing group in Clapham (somewhere in south London, can't remember) and was anxious to try out his skills with a model so is joining us.
Chacun a son...
Anyway, drawing away thinking dear god, this is boring - and I had to do all that traditional stuff when they were training me, all those many eons past.
Messy results, differing directions.


Here's a half-finished 6th Extinction. Its better than some of the others. Waiting for drying to whap on some more glazes.Got another 2 clear days, except for the accountant, the femme de menage and the wall pointer. How do other artists manage?

No comments:

Post a Comment