Thursday 12 April 2018

12 04 2018

This mornings interruptions endless, all necessary and obliging me to deal with them. So now when I get to the studio it all looks dreadful. And the light is awful, still raining but normally that makes a nice even silverlight. Not today. Maybe I'II do some studio cleaning.
Beats the bank/ letting site/filing I should also be doing.
Thinking - still - about how other  artists manage I recalled Kitaj. He had a team (including me) whose sole job was to make his painting time easy. Plus gallery staff to cart off finished work. And there were days when he would wail what a day what a day whenever anything slightly out of the usual happened - which was perforce quite often. If he didn't get an easy time, then who did, who can. Better get on with it and carry on the work internally.
Actually Sandra did rather  better by having a studio away from home and a nanny/housekeeper. She worked in shorter bursts than most though - one sitting only.

No comments:

Post a Comment