Wednesday 27 June 2018

27 06 2018 Weds

Some days.... started when a random collection of big wood fell, unprovoked, and didn't kill me because I was too nimble. Then a lengthy and unpleasant nose bleed.

Remembered in kindergarten when little ones (not me that I recall) poured blood, the nuns would put a key down their back. I remembered them asking each other why it worked; the shock of the cold?
(Why would a nun have a key? Perhaps this memory is a conversation between a lay teacher - pretty northern girl in 50's frock- and a nun. Bearded in one case, fascinating)

Had been considering that young ones and old ones (ie my mother) get nose bleeds. Its a stage that humans go through. The key is for entering another place, to the next stage, a body-understood symbol?
Enfeebled by loss of blood, no doubt. The large - cold- key that I used worked, but only for 5 mins when the flow started again.

Then my beautiful and newly repaired Craven A clock fell off the wall, breaking, crashing into two photo-ready iron crosses which broke. Mended clock - well, it works but the casing is cracked - can't face the iron crosses yet.

oh la theres more inc photo taking for Magrie who have accepted me and now want statements.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Went watercolouring in the afternoon at the Lake in Puivert. Very good fun, had one of those picnic tables to myself and no-one came near me - chauffeur John just went swimming. Haven't looked at the work yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment