Tuesday 29 September 2020

29 09 2020

 ENTIRE day yesterday spent on line, trying to sort site. Big thanks to Dave, who is the nuts and bolts man and is despairing of me. I don't know simple computer terms, initials always fog me, passwords? Quoi? So a disaster.

...All began when I found that Jim, local magic man, had somewhat lost the plot. No longer has a computer let alone remembering anything pertaining to my site, which he built and maintained for several years. Site disappeared. Jim knows nothing. LCN.com (who they?) have taken money from my bank account for some service pertaining to this site but they don't acknowledge the missing money nor what it is for and... anyway, deep breath, that's where Scottish Dave appeared and offered to help. He has set up a new site with some elements of the old incorporated. We spent time- time!- yesterday trying to perform various allegedly simple tricks which have not yet moved the agenda forward on account of I haven't been able to make anything work.

The plan was to take down old work and put up new, priced, so there is a guideline for buyers. To update the CV. And if poss anything else useful.

Going to think now. I'm not sure that folk use websites anymore accept as quick references. Will try to find another way of showing work and explaining pricing structure, flaunting extensive CV.

And muse on the total stupidity of my chosen profession... oh apropos,  had a request for a copy of a painting I did in 1983! Really cant be done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment