Thursday 28 October 2021

29 10 2021

 Yeah woken with good eye sight and the neck/shoulder pain gone :) No excuses. 


***********


The pains back, of course :) But I've been able to letter in the roughs of yesterday, which has been a delight. After reading Meetings with Remarkable Manuscritpts its a kind-of echo; and memories flood back of Sister Veronica, the little nun who taught me lettering. Only nun who didnt strike terror into my heart. She had a waist so tiny it was a wonder she lived. Seems she was captured and tortured by the Japenese back in the day. She taught me to sew as well, always patient and kind. 

Using walnut ink I made in 2017, nice quality, variable mark though pale. Mixing with ancient Stephens Fountain pen ink, red - because I like it - it must be as old as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment