Saturday 8 October 2022

08 10 2022

 Teeth grinding day, as 5 perfectly interesting and original paintings have been prettified and rearranged to be consistent with my usual work - how did that happen, without me noticing? - and the drawings of yesterday afternoon still smell. Literally. Ground some Chinese ink sticks, pleased with density, smell disgusting; forced myself to use the stuff (ineffectually) and today they are still stinking - it's like tin and something putrefied. Overpainted in oil in the hope of something emerging and of course the smell being eradicated. Nope, to both.

???So the ink sticks came from a two-stick boxed set, painted and glitzed. Bought at vide grenier from the son of a dead artist. I sniffed them then and there was non of the fir smell that is usual with ink sticks but felt sorry for the son of the DA and bought them. Thought they were made using a new technique, maybe, the traditional one being well laborious. And time consuming. Now there's a thought - after scrapping together the fir-cone soot used to make the inks, it was buried. For years. Thats what I'II do with these things, bury them, in the hope they can be redeemed. If I can find a decent spot. 

Everything is taking too long. Everything is winding me up. Maybe I should do some long overdue housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment