Saturday 19 September 2015

19 09 2015

Painting going really well - have three on the go, in various degrees of completion.Such a pleasure. Have suspended doubt and anxiety for the immediate.
Think the August exhibition has been a a bit of a turning point.
Though of course I should be working on long drawings and not having this much fun. On the other hand, Ounouh wants 40 by next August, maybe.

Have been slightly derailed by the local political situation, where by some mysterious fluke I am numbered as the pivot in the current difficulties here; to whit, the mayor has lost his support and must resign and hold an election unless I (specifically, because of the number I respresent on the oppositions list) jump ship and join him. Bafling. Anyway, pressure has been applied - and on my friends, to 'talk' to me - made me very uncomfortable. Saying no to anyone who comes near me for anything now.



No comments:

Post a Comment