Thursday 3 March 2016

04 03 2016

This turns into a list of excuses about why Im not working but they are over and I am.

Phil has gone, Gracie has arrived but is installed in Chez Francois as independent from me, autonomous; Bob not due back for 2 more weeks.
Stuff to deal with but a happy comfortable feeling of an oasis in which to bathe... cracking on with the martydom series and have temporarily finished the harelquin one.

Talked with Aileen who has served on the jury of the T and Clochers and it seems they, the judges, are told to favour the work containing clochers, tocques, bottles and glasses. The painting I'd thought to enter contained none of the above so I had a look round the studio, took the unresolved harequinade and jiggled it. Works rather well, I think. But will make further changes when it comes back so its not actually finished.

-The point being the prize money, which is not bad. Worth taking a stab at.

Other news: had an email from Dr  Marcus someone whom I took to be a Dr Marcus someone I'd met in Switerland, St Gal, who wanted to talk with me about my father. Naturally, love talking about him, said of course. Then realised after a couple of days I'd got the wrong Dr Marcus and didn't know this one - but hey, no problem. Eventually we agreed to Skype and we did, last night. Hes very excited that he's been using Staffords stuff and has a great project and wanted to lay it at Staffords feet but of course, hes dead. So someone (?who) said, but he has a daughter who is still alive and is a world famous artist.
Don't know which was more shocking, me being still alive or world famous artist.
Anyway, sweet chap wants some family to come to launch next year - its a totally electric car made by Porche. Said probably. And have never driven a car in my life but electric sounds OK.

Lala. Back to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment