Tuesday 23 March 2021

24 03 2021

 Square eyed with computer stuff and still, saints unfinished. Can't remember how many I did yesterday. Chief problem - and how classic - is that all my notes were sealed into notebooks that were put into a glass case and sealed as an installation. The books exist still, in London, but sealed. (Bit like the dog ate my homework) And so I have to do retrospective research which takes time and has its own difficulties. The sites I use are perforce christian, devotional, unreliable. Or Wikip, who are brisk. Began this stuff in 2016 and in five years a lot of the sources are changed or missing.

But... little by little.  No urgency.

Bob was going to La Serpent so I hitched a ride in the lateish afternoon. Such a strange place. Once bought a little crucifix there (vide grenier), made of brass stamped with roses and wound with a snake. The place is named after the winding approach road (La Serpent, not Le -) Tried to get to the church but closed - I guess as the churches are the property of the commune, they can't afford its upkeep. Pretty crumbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment