Thursday 22 April 2021

23 04 2021

 Signs of life: difficult to know where we actually were yesterday - took a known path, left it, got lost  - found some quite mid-blowing rocks (to me anyway, Gracie seemed a little unmoved) and got lost some more. Maybe all a little bit scary. Being lost in the woods, donkeys miles from anywhere.

After that went to the fountain of love on the Sougraine route and up the hill opposite. Found where I had  been taken some 20 years ago but couldn't reach the carvings - too high- the rocks I did get to were the best I could do.

Collected some images that are settled in me now. 


Found a couple of springs and a couple of caves, in short enough material to keep me busy for months. Decided that we would try and get to stay at Lavaldieu and finish up with the rocks there.

In the evening I'd booked myself into a zoom about the Celts on the Open Centre site. I've worked for these people when they came to France on a quest so I knew I wouldn't get anything, erm, how can I put this - rigorous from them. And indeed... lots of images of Victorian fairie paintings and girls with long hair and interwoven scripts. This bit was presented by one Alisair MacIntosh and he suddenly started making sense; fairy stuff represents the imagined world and expresses the profound interconnectivity of life. He is a political environmental activist and turns out to be both effective and a good egg. 

The second part was presented by a wealth manager, coo, called Jeff Gitterman. Not what I was expecting from the Open Centre :) He said that the amazingly rich ignore their kids but their grandchildren hold enormous sway and they are demanding ecological engagement. We must have, we says, heavy carbon taxes. And the chat started rattling on about Systems Thinking - I was amazed. 

Strange day, from heavy loneliness of the ancients to the ruminations of the rich.



No comments:

Post a Comment