Saturday 24 April 2021

24 04 2021

It is very like saying there's nothing in to drink but Veuve Clicquot - but this handmade J.Whatman made-in- England in 1938 paper is all I have that's suitable for what I'm trying to do. Can't get to a shop that'll sell decent paper until the confinement ends; besides, what am I saving this for?
That said, it terrifies me. So I stretched it yesterday and went out for a coffee. When I got back it had dried in such a way that it had twisted the drawing board and hurled all to the floor. Admittedly the drawing board isn't  wood -that's still under my mattress - but it is v thick acid-free card. Had to re-stretch and clamp. Looked it up (Vintage Papers) and its ideal for large delicate work. It was never going to take charcoal, for sure. Wrong attitude. Can't face the unforgiving nature of ink so it'll have to be pencil.

AND Marcus wants another picture! Off to the stockage to see if I still have the one he wants then to bring it to studio for varnishing. Pretty sure I'd remember if it was sold. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment