Thursday 3 June 2021

03 06 2021


 Was rather pleased with myself yesterday, as watercolours don't come easy to me. Necessary for the thinking though - don't want to move into oil yet or anything else, until my ideas are a bit clearer. I'm looking to take in the random appearance of people - really random, unknown persons - in the spirit of the two men on Snowdon. 

(The two men on Snowdon appeared either side of me on the Pyg path which I had foolishly undertaken 45 years ago, with inadequate boots and clothes,  walking in thick fog with occasional gaps to show terrifying drops, all alone. These two men were in white macs and plimsolls. One chatted to me and kept me calm, the other only said 'there's nowt so queer as folk'. When I got to the top they had disappeared, really nowhere. Decided they were angels)

Saw O-B in the bar and showed him a photo of the picture. He's done a deal of work on menhirs and to my surprise suggesting bigging up the trees. 

Today of course realise that the thing is really underdeveloped and it'll take another full day - at least - to beat it into shape. Fortunately I have a full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment