Tuesday 22 June 2021

23 06 2021

This has cheered me up - feel more 'on path' now, despite having to junk the two subsequent portraits.

 Good shopping in Carcassonne, got a much need portfolio, some reduced Lefranc and  Bourgeois paints I was low in, some watercolours ditto (gamboge!  what a difference it makes to everything -) gummed paper for stretching... and in cultura the paper I wanted, now re-branded as Manipak Aquarelle. Staff assure me its the same stuff.

I've now done 25 portraits though if I can, I will drop some. Which means 30 (ish) to go. If I could do 5 a day, the end is a week away. However, the first two of the day - and sometimes the last one - are the only ones that seem to work.

Remember an old artist- Humphrey Ocean* - at a workshop, telling me the work was good but to take it more slowly. 

*just looked him up to see if he's still alive - he's only my age, a slip of a geriatric. Like his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment