Tuesday 16 November 2021

16 11 2021

 ... cracking on. Coming together, slowly, slowly. And not without delightful interuptions; Philippe, who is planning his next bike round round France (??Quoi) and Vina, who is escaping another building project whilst trying to get back to her studio in Hackney. When I hear what other artists have to cope with I realise Im spoilt beyong belief; bad dreams is all I have though, terribly explicit bad dreams that make me realise my direction may be skewed.

Then yesterday was Pietrus's funeral. He was very happy to die, but I'II miss him. 

Reflecting on the nature of the world and our role in it, it strikes me - not for the first time - that we are a part of nature and ipso f., part of natures plan. It would be easy to halt global warming; get rid of cows, get rid of cars. Is that going to happen?? No way; we are therefore part of our own destruction, presumably having fulfilled whatever role nature had cast us in. Next series of paintings going to be a laugh, no doubt.

 Can't do a deal more now until a new order of prints arrive, though plenty of fiddly corrections to make to whats been done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment