Friday 17 May 2024

17 05 2024

 Day off yesterday!! Cabin fever been an issue, despite the space and light. Bunked off to Perpignan, 7.50 bus to Quillan, 8.20 bus to Perpignan. Two hours through the mountains, across the plane... worth it for the trip. Stumbled into the Centre d'art contemporain, (from now till the end of the month open Tues to Sun, 11.00 - 17.30) and the work of Sylvie Dubal , 1937 - 2021. Felt an immediate affinity. 

She draws with fine pencil, carefully, lots of birds; she incorporates herself, reminding me of the cybernetic dictum that the observer is part of the picture.

Plan to introduce myself into the nature diary drawings. Of course the artist is implicit but I want me to be explicit.


should have taken better snaps... but her old self, white-haired and bunned, hand held out to heron, will remain with me. Though since its been so very long since anyone else's work excited me, I might go back and photograph it properly.

We have classic themes in common too, the three fates, the christ(ine) lots of words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment