Saturday 9 February 2013

Sat 9th Feb 2013

Still not sure about this.... bottom right doesn't work but cant think what to do and all the fiddling has muddied the canvas. Bit I do like; whilst worrying about the scribbly bits put in more and  like the animal quality its given the kneeling figure has succeeded, surprisingly.
Interesting to make the actual subject, the calf, faint and small - the little beast is very appealing which is to the good. It must have some power after all.

Feeling the breath of Kitaj I spent last night going through his old catalogues and getting very nostalgic - poor chap, he was so sad most of the time. I remember sitting on the steps going down to the kitchen after I had varnished the floor, with the young researcher whose name escapes me - Kitaj arrived and she said, hello we are watching paint dry. He solemnly sat down on the stairs with us. I've heard of it, he said, but Ive never seen it done. This was too complicated a statement:) We sat together and looked downstairs in silence. Eventually he sighed and said: I do love you women. Then he rose and went back to the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment