Monday 15 April 2013

monday april 15th 2013

Ceri modeled this morning and the results rather pleased me - they were solid and steady, as she is. I used water mostly, tinted with watercolour, touched with pencil and scrubbed with q-tips. No sense of breakthrough but of consolidation, which is enough at the moment.
She started crying towards the end of the session (don't ask) which spoilt the efforts somewhat - remembered Picasso's Madame Z, I think it was called - very mannered piece of woman wailing and teeth gnashing. Tempted but didn't go there. Used to love that picture when I was a girl, not sure why.

Better than last week anyway. The very excellent Jenny was modeling and all went well until a late-comer brought a small dog in with her. Roger immediately asked her to remove it , seems he hates dogs- we all wanted it out, something wandering about is just a distraction - so she closed it into a portfolio where it proceeded to snuffle and whimper. She was asked to put it in her car but wouldn't as her other five dogs would sit on it. Dark mutterings about circuses... at the break I took it to my house, in a vile ill humour. At the end I had to find the owner to get her to take it away - it was howling - and after she'd gone I found the damn thing had shat on my flip-flops.

Sigh. Drawings dreadful, not surprisingly. Certain amount of artists not there today as a result - Bieke, critically (for me) her input is always original. Lost my quick studies, I guess there in the centre somewhere. Don't recall them being any good.

No studio work. Other distractions. Actually, if I'm honest, I'm waiting to have a response from the graduate drawing programme Ive applied for. On the principle that one shouldn't make a decision until the results of your last action are known, I'm a tad paralyzed.  Mind you, fear has the same effect. Rejection! Can I cope?

No comments:

Post a Comment