Friday 8 January 2016

08 01 2016 Friday

Early morning was enough time to finish the satyr pic. So pleased:) It isn't really finished but it does all I want it to and any more is overworking, filling in, fiddling, whatever.
It's a while since I've done a painting that I've wanted to keep near me but this is one. Really I suppose to find out why it works and what it's doing, It poses some loverly questions about the observor and the observed.

Shopping; bought a dozen canvases and have gessoed them all, an impossible state of affairs a while ago. New drugs amazing. Did them all in 2 hours - would have been 2 days before.

Needed black paint, ochre paint. Black is bizarre - imagine not having any black? - especially as Asker Jorns maxim, when in doubt use black, is close to my practice. (Was it Jorn? One of the Cobra lot anyway) I've been mixing it but the dead black of lamp black has been fretting me - and knowing that ochre was  running low also makes me too judicious in its use. Loads now. AND hurrah my favorite irredescent paints which are getting harder and harder to find were on sale, 3 for 2. Bought what I could. They are clearly not re-stocking anywhere so Im guessing this line is over and my stocks will have to see me out.


No comments:

Post a Comment