Friday 22 January 2016

22.01.2016 Friday night

Been to Narbonne, overnighted - was delighted with my energy, the new meds are superb, I could walk and see art all day without fatigue. Not much to see though, so far from the season; but the collection at the top of the Bishops Palace was fine and totally deserted so a long time available to examine and enjoy. Saw a Jan de Beer which rather set me quivvering; nice sigils enclosed.
And this, Andrea Locatelli - Leto transforming the peasants into frogs. Had to look up the story - never heard it - done my own version.

While I was working on that, did a version of a frog prince being kissed - only the kisser is turning into a frog. Was telling PS and he said, would have been a female frog... 
Good time for work, not too many interuptions, health sound and spirit cheerful.
Off to read Ovid. It seems that Transformations are my thing.

Have spent quite a lot of time printing off my work diary from last year. This has become something of a ritual, a check on the annual output. Inn terms of volume, piss poor - Ive lost a couple of years to asthma, I reckon. It would help if I thought that I'd gained in contemplation, wisdom, whatever; but its clear this is not so. Alas. Wonder if you can suffer permanent brain damage from inadequete oxygen supply? Don't feel especially stupid and  I can concentrate again, for long periods.Guessing I'd be the last to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment