Saturday 30 January 2016

30.01.2016 Saturday

Not finished anything, just opened more complications; started a new one which I thought would clean the intellectual palette but turned out to confuse me further.

...The Tumbling Nude now has four balls of colour which may be instrumental in the fall but also seriously aid the composition. Possibly interesting but not sure how it'll shape up and serious impasto has to dry before I can restart.

Leto and the Frogs is nearly there. Fiddled with the leading frogs' arm and shoulder and like the resolution but its compromised the rest of the painting. Accordingly have changed Apollo and Artemis and thats good too but again, compromised the rest. Need to let it all settle - been hitting it with the irredescents - can't see the direction

New one based on a painting I saw somewhere that I assumed was by Watteau. So like Watteaus' whites - the blue and pink shimmering ones (like the veil in The Bride, John Bellanys painting that we bought last time there was some money) Researching the Watteau I discovered it wasn't - it was by Lancret and here it is... attracted by the dancing girl and the strange old bloke thats holding her in some way. Bunged in a dog because Lily has been to the vets with an unusable leg and its worrying me.
Laid out the pix and enjoying it when it occured to me to look up what I'm doing. I think its all from the commedia dell'arte and I fear its about fathers and daughters.
--- Early days.








No comments:

Post a Comment