Tuesday 17 September 2019

18 09 2019

Been ink drawing - first up the hill, which I found I could climb quite easily. Once the road rises above a particular level it seems to be easier, whether the body is used to it or the air is better I can't tell. Difficult though as there isn't a good work space - I was balancing me and the work on the bench there, didn't really work.
 In the afternoon - had to wait in till 3.00 when the gas service man eventually turned up (at least this time he DID turn up) and by then having missed siesta - only went to the river bank, by where there are picnic tables. The parking by the river packed with caravans.
Quite happy in my corner, watching and drawing caravans through trees, when one arrived and pulled up  by me. It was a signal of some sort - they started flocking in. The overflow space where I was started to fill up - at first it was rather jolly, I was thinking it might all be fun to meet new people every night, very carnival atmosphere - then they started to approach me. At first for a match for a cigarette and then... and very soon the air was full of smoke and dust from the caravan wheels and the gypsy in me turned into a fascist and I left.
Results predictably poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment