Tuesday 7 February 2012

07 tuesday

Life is not a bundle of laughs. Spent most of yesterday, last night and indeed this morning squeaking psychobabble at myself. Lost motivation probably base line. The why need not concern me here - but its hard when all I want to do is paint and all I DO do is ferk it up.
My interior model of painting and painters comes with failure written through it.
Had been thinking that I should probably settle down with some books and see how other admired artists deal with these things but realise that all my admired artists are dead. This doesn't help, if it just ends in death. -The slippage of models is clear; so?
The failure of the work reflects the lack of clear thinking behind it.
Dave Cooper, tutor at Farnham, advised: Whatever you do, keep making marks. Always thought this sensible approach but now, again, again, the why rears its ugly head.

No comments:

Post a Comment