Wednesday 30 January 2013

30th Jan Weds 2013

After much despair - actually not despair, fatalistic death-wish self-knowledge resignation, more like - carried on doing stupid copy of lovely Botticelli and fiddling with Fecos pix, plus some other little ones that are even stupider. The boar and the unicorn? Actually that sounds quite good but the picture isn't. 

Went for a walk in the afternoon. This after discovering that I was really really cold. Had put on some clean clothes today and didn't realise that they weren't as warm as the ones Ive left out to wash; Pete called to get the key for some work next door and I complained about the cold which was when he pointed out I didn't have enough on. Remedied and felt much better. Anyway was then too hot when I went walking, it was a lovely day.

So I thought about what was happening...discovered
a. that I enjoy copying things, its a holiday and a pleasure. Yes, I knew this from the food paintings but I'd forgotten.
b. that making things up is a huge effort and if it isn't informed by something I care about its pointless and more to the point, doesn't work.

This little leap made all the difference. Came back to the studio and saw the resemblance of the Boticelli to my old mate John R; will tweak a bit and give as pressie, its very suitable. Good pose for him. So thats not a a waste then and I'm having fun with the glazes.
Saw the main problem with one of the Fecos, slashed at it and within 15 mins it was totally different and finished. LIKE it. Not sure if the other Fecos can follow but its done, it was possible... another couple seem to be nearing their end, hope so though uncertain as to what follows. Have to take stock sometime.

One day at a time will do. Will be interesting to get into the studio tomorrow. Its housework day so only an hour or so available, plus visit to Andree and dinner with friends - day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment