Thursday 19 January 2012

19th jan., thurs

Missed yesterday totally. Had to fix lunch then didn't want to budge...read, thought. Ill-disposed to work today, late start -9.30, stayed in bed till after 8.00 feeling dozy and unhappy about work. Have a terrible cough and a woozy head ---- bloody cold looming. Hard to sleep with coughing, kept thinking it was day, always wasn't, when it was I was knackered

Eventually when I got on with it l painted out the red nude - really, I am so not interested in pretty nudes - replaced in sneaky movements (in the course of framing and doing other things) with a king. A nude male on a throne. The emblems of kingship. The obverse of priesthood; temporal authority guided by god, at least that's the sense I'm using it in.

Hit the Hope painting but its too wet to do much with - shaping up though. Pleased by the effects oil paint produces when copied from watercolour - sort of furry, soft, melancholicly heightened.

Took a couple of walks and find I am happy to have a topic that interests me even if its anachronistic and does nothing to further the issues. Though if I cast my mind way way back, perhaps it has a little corner in the 'what is a human' debate. This human king is a tunnel to focus the god and transmit its guidance. Responsible, fearful, authoritative.

Cooking for 9 tomorrow evening- may have to miss the afternoon if not the morning too, see how it goes. Saturday and the weekend complicated. Just as well the work isn't talking to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment