Saturday 14 January 2012

saturday jan 14

Despite the activity in the house have managed the odd stolen hour and find that being able to think as I get on with the things-that-have-to-be-done is quite useful. I keep remembering that monk (Brother Stephen?) at Prinknash, who could only paint for an hour a day. I was appalled but he said he spend the days preparing and considering and that that hour was massively productive, I'm trying to adopt that stance.
The horsefly painting now has a large silver spoon with a reflection of the upside down face of the fairy. It could be worse; I dreamed a whole forest of cutlery.
And I'm trying for a painting of the moon behind it....

Faux Hope undeveloped. Other red nude diabolical. Probably due for scrapping. Primed six little canvases and am drawn to the idea of portraits, still thinking on't.

No comments:

Post a Comment