Monday 9 January 2012

another grey monday

Early start but couldn't do a thing - walked until the sun rose on the sort of grey day that doesnt help painting. Thence to the cafe where OB takes breakfast before going to the MJC to draw, had a coffee with him and listened to his pleasure in Diderot (whom Ive never read). Fabienne, the model, joined us.
Pierre, Judith, Suzie, Didier, Sabine, Kat plus me and OB at the MJC. A comfortable and studious couple of hours. Fabienne is so pretty that the drawings are too - can't be helped - used watercolour and was crashingly disappointed in a block of colour I'd found in the studio that I thought was prussian and turned out to be a gritty and insipid black. Forced me back to pencil.

One image may be useful, dunno. One other I've used as the cover for the papers that have formed my 2011 work diary (Printed off from this site) Not much of it since I started late in the year. Read it and haven't the whit to see patterns or ways forward.

Broke for a long lunch with Annie and Pete then couldn't work, the stuff in the studio seems so piss-poor. Wrote a letter, read a book, played Mahler. Will pull myself together tomorrow. Though today my stomach is churning - hope its just something I ate and not something psychic, sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment