Thursday 30 January 2014

30th jan 2014 thursday

As luck would have it my femme de menage is away so the house remains unclean and I had the greater part of the day in the studio. Thinking she'd be arriving at 10.00 I started work at 7.00, hoping for a few hours... various interruptions but a good run, till 6.30 this evening in fact.
Not taken any snaps but I think the T of the G s finished - want another look tomorrow. Changed the colour of the train, fiddled with the lights and the figures. Nasty feeling that the central area is missing something vital but don't know what. Would like to hang it somewhere where I can see it but its too big - can maybe hang on my staircase outside the studio but still wouldn't get to see it. The composition is strange but acceptable, to me at anyrate.
The deux tetes coupes is also finished, except  for some background work but the thing has to dry a bit before that can be done.
Last night had  a half bottle of wine, a good meal, a couple of mindless DVD's, cup of nuit calme tea and an asprin. Slept for two solid hours! Thereafter the night as patchy and dream ridden as ever, dammit. But feel refreshed today. Think thats because difficult bits are over (probably)
Tomorrow will be priming, I have some canvases but they need gessoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment